BY-COVID industry event- Data driven innovation in infectious diseases
24 January 2023
BY-COVID industry event - Better data management for better pandemic preparedness, disease surveillance and outbreak control
Date of the event: 24 January 2023, 13.00-15.00 CET
Format: 2h virtual event
Purpose: Identify opportunities for data driven innovation in infectious diseases, join a network of specialists and explore potential collaborations with the BY-COVID project.
Target audience: Anyone involved in openly available software or data on COVID-19 or other infectious diseases in their internal pipelines/business model from the following sectors:
- Biotech-/bioinformatics companies
- Contract Research Organisation/Contract Manufacturing Organisation
- Medical Devices
- Hospitals/healthcare providers
This virtual event is organised under the EU project BeYond-COVID (BY-COVID), a project that aims to provide comprehensive open data on SARS-CoV-2 and other infectious diseases across scientific, medical, public health and policy domains. Under this initiative, we are providing a virtual space for BY-COVID partners to engage with industry communities and ensure that we can find collaborative solutions for making COVID-19 and other infectious disease data available for innovation.
- Repurposing data and software tools for a faster future health crisis response: How open source code and open or FAIR data were used in industry during the COVID crisis and what lessons have been learnt for the future.
- Novel technologies and innovative projects tackling global disease burden developed during the pandemic: How novel tools could improve data quality, enable efficient data collection, or build robust prediction models.
This webinar is the first of a series of events, and the audience will have the opportunity to hear about examples of public-private collaborations, introduce themselves and their innovative projects through flash talks.
|13:00||Introduction/Setting the scene (Kathi Lauer, Scientific Lead BY-COVID project)|
|13:10||Session 1: Three examples of public-private collaborations (10 minutes each):|
|13:40||Session 2: Flash talks - Approaches to data driven innovation in infectious diseases and how open resources, like the COVID-19 Data Portal contribute |
|14:15||Session 3: 30-min break-out rooms discussions focused on the industry experience and needs in data-driven innovation in infectious diseases|
|14:45||Break-out room debriefs|
Wrap up and what is next: Innovation and SME forum (late 2023)
*Register to present your industry’s approach to data driven innovation in infectious diseases and how open resources, like the COVID-19 data portal contributes to your company’s achievements.
Please find the link to register below.