BY-COVID industry event- Data driven innovation in infectious diseases
24 January 2023
BY-COVID industry event - Better data management for better pandemic preparedness, disease surveillance and outbreak control
Date of the event: 24 January 2023, 13.00-16.00 CET
Format: 3h virtual event
Purpose: Identify opportunities for data driven innovation in infectious diseases, join a network of specialists and explore potential collaborations with the BY-COVID project.
Target audience: Specialists in using open source software or openly available data of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases in their internal pipelines/business model from the following sectors:
- Biotech-/bioinformatics companies
- Contract Research Organisation/Contract Manufacturing Organisation
- Medical Devices
- Hospitals/healthcare providers
This virtual event is organized under the EU project BeYond-COVID (BY-COVID), a project that aims to provide comprehensive open data on SARS-CoV-2 and other infectious diseases across scientific, medical, public health and policy domains. Under this initiative, we are providing a virtual space for BY-COVID partners to engage with industry communities and ensure that we can find collaborative solutions for making COVID-19 and other infectious disease data available for innovation.
The main themes of the day will be the following:
- Repurposing data & software tools for a faster future health crisis response: How open source code and open or FAIR data were used in industrial needs during the COVID crisis and what researchers are looking for.
- Novel technologies and innovative projects tackling global disease burden developed during the pandemic: How novel tools could improve data quality, enable high data extraction from samples, or build robust prediction models.
- The societal impacts of a pandemics: An assessment of the impact of interventions and lessons learned
This access day is the first of a series of events, and the audience will have the opportunity to hear about examples of public-private collaborations, introduce themselves and their innovative projects through flash talks.
- Presentations on examples of public-private collaborations
- Flash talks* by industry on the main themes of the day
- Thematic roundtable discussions (break out virtual rooms; discussion outcomes will become available online at the end of the event) and debriefs
*Register to present your industry’s approach to data driven innovation in infectious diseases and how open resources, like the COVID-19 data portal contributes to your company’s achievements.
Please find the link to register below.